Teacher Institute on Holocaust Education
- Summer: 2018
- Dates: To be announced
- Location: The Holocaust Documentation & Education Center
For questions or for more information, please call 954.929.5690 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The HDEC Teacher Institute on Holocaust Education is Unique!
- Holocaust Survivors will be with us for the entire week and will participate in all aspects of the institute.
- The institute will cover all facets of the Holocaust. Special emphasis will focus on the lessons for today, what we have learned, and what we still need to learn.
- Teachers will have opportunities to network and become acquainted with the recent resources available to help infuse the study of the Holocaust as an interdisciplinary approach.
- Resource manuals for grade levels K-3, 4-6, 7-8, and 9-12 will be distributed along with current materials from around the globe.
- Participants of the institute will have the opportunity to visit the Center’s rail car.
“This has been the most informative and most emotional workshop I have ever been to. While I have known about the Holocaust, I have learned so much more.”
“The experience was a full week of Holocaust related resources including Survivors, stories, lectures, films and discussions. I enjoyed this institute due to the amount and depth of resources. These are difficult stories to hear, but they must be told.”
“It was inspiring at all levels! I learned that I can still make a difference in the classroom with all that I learned this week!”
“Excellent. I wish everyone would be able to take this workshop. Thank you so much for remembering.”
“I truly felt that I learned so much this week. I cannot wait to pass on some of what I have taken away.”
“I truly enjoyed this week’s experience tremendously. You are sending me with a wealth of information.”
“It was inspiring and very educational at the same time.”
“Thank you so much offering this life-changing course. Hearing the personal accounts of the Survivors are engrained in my soul forever.”
“Excellent. I know have a wide picture what happened during WWII.”
“I will never be the same person again.”
“I loved every minute of it.”
“The presentation and sequential order of information was enlightening and renewed the importance and validation of Holocaust education
needed from K – up.”
[Compared to other institutes I have attended, this institute was] “the most enlightening with so much curriculum application.”
“The materials offer so much information and are easily implemented and useful for lesson planning.”
“It has had a great academic and emotional impact on me.”