Teacher Institute on Holocaust Education
- Dates: To be announced
- Location: The Holocaust Documentation & Education Center
For questions or for more information, please call 954.929.5690 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The HDEC Teacher Institute on Holocaust Education is Unique!
- Holocaust Survivors will be with us for the entire week and will participate in all aspects of the institute.
- The institute will cover all facets of the Holocaust. Special emphasis will focus on the lessons for today, what we have learned, and what we still need to learn.
- Teachers will have opportunities to network and become acquainted with the recent resources available to help infuse the study of the Holocaust as an interdisciplinary approach.
- Resource manuals for grade levels K-3, 4-6, 7-8, and 9-12 will be distributed along with current materials from around the globe.
- Participants of the institute will have the opportunity to visit the Center’s rail car.
“This has been the most informative and most emotional workshop I have ever been to. While I have known about the Holocaust, I have learned so much more.”
“The experience was a full week of Holocaust related resources including Survivors, stories, lectures, films and discussions. I enjoyed this institute due to the amount and depth of resources. These are difficult stories to hear, but they must be told.”
“It was inspiring at all levels! I learned that I can still make a difference in the classroom with all that I learned this week!”
“Excellent. I wish everyone would be able to take this workshop. Thank you so much for remembering.”
“I truly felt that I learned so much this week. I cannot wait to pass on some of what I have taken away.”
“I truly enjoyed this week’s experience tremendously. You are sending me with a wealth of information.”
“It was inspiring and very educational at the same time.”
“Thank you so much offering this life-changing course. Hearing the personal accounts of the Survivors are engrained in my soul forever.”
“Excellent. I now have a wide picture what happened during WWII.”
“I will never be the same person again.”
“I loved every minute of it.”
needed from K – up.”
[Compared to other institutes I have attended, this institute was] “the most enlightening with so much curriculum application.”
“The materials offer so much information and are easily implemented and useful for lesson planning.”
“It has had a great academic and emotional impact on me.”