The 2017 “Pomerantz-Rose” Meet the Author Series
Sponsored in honor of the transcription efforts of Ellen Pomerantz and Ellen Rose.
- When:Thursday, February 23, 2017 @6:30 p.m.
- featuring: Russel Lazega – Managing Bubbie
- When: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 @6:30 p.m.
- featuring: Leslie Meisels – Suddenly the Shadow Fell
- When: Thursday, April 6, 2017 @6:30 p.m.
- featuring: Haya Pomrenze – Hook
- When:Thursday, May 4, 2017 @6:30 p.m.
- featuring: Menucha Meinstein – My Eyes Looking Back at Me
- General Admission: $10 per person
- Become a Member for all 4 Authors for $36
- Coffee, fruit and cookies will be served
- RSVP: Please RSVP to Erin Cohen by calling 954.929.5690 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Download The Meet the Author Series Flyer here.
Managing Bubbie by Author, Russel Lazega, Grandson of Holocaust Survivor
Russel Lazega is a lawyer living in North Miami Beach, Florida. Within his field, he has specialized in the areas of insurance litigation and consultation by representing claimants, medical providers and insureds in disputes with insurers. Over the years, Russ has handled over 25,000 insurance cases throughout the state of Florida. As well as being a proficient lawyer, Russ is also a columnist for the Aventura News as well as the author of several nonfiction publications, including Florida Motor Vehicle No-Fault Law and Practice (PIP), the nation’s leading treatise on Florida car insurance law that stirred tremendous excitement throughout Florida’s sprawling community of insurance agents and insurance lawyers.
When he is not writing, or chasing after a pair of fire-breathing, house-wrecking T. rexes impersonating small children, Russ can be found kayaking the waterways of South Florida, venturing as far as the tide will take him from his loving, but indescribably overbearing, family.
Managing Bubbie is Lazega’s first foray into creative nonfiction. This beautiful and delightful work tells the heartfelt story about a very special, devoted and endearing grandmother, who was a Holocaust Survivor and who, with incredible fortitude, determination, courage and conviction, seized the moment and shaped her destiny, despite her tragic past. Lea Lazega’s strength inspired her adored grandson Russ, to at last be her true “storyteller” and write the book she always wanted him to write, which is an incredible tribute and blessing to her beloved memory and legacy.